Many options are available if you want to update your Netflix password. You may update your password by sending a text message. You may use a desktop computer or a phone number to sign up. All of your linked devices may also have their passwords changed at once. These strategies will be discussed in detail in this article. For additional details, please continue reading. You may update your password in one of the following ways:
Changing your Netflix password might be handy for a variety of reasons.
Or maybe you’re afraid about a data breach, or maybe you previously shared your password with a loved one with whom things have soured. It is possible that you have forgotten your Netflix password and need to reset and create a new one in order to obtain access to your streaming account once again.
Changing your password on a frequent basis lowers your danger of having your Netflix account stolen and your watching history revealed.
● The best streaming devices currently available
● How to download TV shows and movies from Netflix
● What are the best Netflix movies right now?
Because Netflix passwords are so simple to reset on your desktop browser and mobile app, you’ll never have to worry about forgetting your password again. Your smart TV or streaming stick’s password will be changed as well as any other devices that use your account.
Step-by-step instructions on how to change your Netflix password and prevent unwanted visitors from accessing your account are below.
How to change your Netflix password on desktop
● To begin, open a desktop browser and go to Netflix’s website (opens in new tab). Log in to your account by clicking the red Sign In icon in the upper-right corner.
● You’ll be redirected to the Netflix main page after selecting your profile. Take a look in the top-right corner of the screen and click on your profile picture.
● Change your password under the Membership & Billing area by clicking the “Change password” link.
● Type in your current password, followed by the one you’d want to use. Your new password must be entered twice to be accepted.
● When logging in, make sure the “Require all devices to sign in again with new password” checkbox is checked. Anyone who is presently connected into your Netflix account will be compelled to use your new password, which they will not have any knowledge of.
● Click the Save button to save your new password and return to the Account page.
How to change your Netflix password on mobile
- Open the Netflix app for iOS or Android on your mobile phone or tablet. In the Who’s Watching section of your account, click on your name.
- Tap your profile image in the upper-right corner of your screen on an iPhone or Android phone and choose Account. Tap More at the bottom of the screen on an iPad or Android tablet and pick Account. This will launch Netflix on your mobile browser of choice.
- Enter your existing and new passwords by selecting “Change password.” Check the “Require all devices to sign in again with new password” option as mentioned above.
- The password for your Netflix account will be changed and updated on all of your devices if you confirm the change by pressing the Save button.
How to reset your Netflix password
- You’ll need to reset your Netflix password if you’ve forgotten it and are unable to get in. On the Netflix sign-in screen, click or touch the “Need help?” option under the Sign In button.
- Click or press the Email Me button after selecting Email and entering your email address. In order to recover access to your Netflix account, Netflix will send you a message with advice on how to change your password.
- Alternatively, you may get instructions through text message (SMS) by selecting Text Message (SMS), entering your phone number, and clicking or tapping the Text Me button.
- If you’ve changed your Netflix email or phone number since you signed up, choose “I can’t remember my email or phone number” from the drop-down menu. Netflix will next need your name and credit or debit card information in order to reset your password.
Changing the password on all connected devices
If you have more than one Netflix-enabled device, it’s a good idea to reset the password on each one individually. Sign out of all devices before changing the password for all devices if you just want to change the password for one device. In the event that someone else attempts to access your Netflix account, this is essential. Sign out of each Netflix device one at a time to see whether you need to update the password on all linked devices.
You’ll need to use a web browser to login in to all of your linked Netflix devices if you want to change the password. Finally, click the “Account” tab and choose the “Change Password” button. Your existing password and a new one, as well as a confirmation of the latter, are required here. Netflix may send you an email with information on how to reset your password in certain instances. Make a duplicate of your password someplace safe, no matter what technique you use.