The correct “filling” is perhaps the most important criterion for evaluating the quality of a site by search engines. Let’s figure out what the SEO optimized text of an article should be so that your resource is one of the first in the queue for traffic.
The key is the basis for the text
The key is the phrase that users enter into a search engine in the hope of finding the answer to their question. It is with the search phrase taken into account that webmasters try to optimize their pages.
Now, in order to determine which of the texts more fully reveals this topic, the system must analyze the composition of the text. A sure sign that the text does not contain the answer to the question posed is the absence of the words “seo” and “optimize” in the body of the article – such texts are immediately deleted from the list of applicants for the first places.
The opposite is the opposite. When the text contains enough words from the key phrase, then the text is quite relevant and may turn out to be the best, in the opinion of the search engine. But there is one “but” – the level of text optimization should be within the “natural state of affairs”. If the text is spammed with keywords, then the search engine perceives it as the result of “black SEO-optimization”, when the reaction of users to the quality of the article is not taken into account at all.
Thus, one of the key rules in SEO is to strike a certain balance between no SEO and over-optimization.
Over-optimizing text is often called “nausea”.
Overspam is the ratio of the volume of keys to the total volume of the text.
How to independently determine the nausea of the text?
Nausea = number of characters in keywords * 100) / total number of characters without spaces.
As a rule, if the result is more than 6-7% or more, this is already text that makes search robots sick. Spamming. For this, search engines “pessimize” the site.
How many keys should you use in the text?
To answer the question of how often you need to use a certain key in the text, look at the TOP of the search for this key and analyze the first three sites in the search results.
- How many times has competitors used the key in the text?
- How long is the text?
- Are you using direct key entry in headers and meta tags, or diluted keys?
Look at your competitors’ copy and do better.
Based on the results of the analysis, it will become approximately clear how much to write an article, how many direct and / or diluted entries can be included in the text.
Direct entry – a key without extraneous phrases and without a change in case, number, gender or person. Example: how to make a birdhouse
Indirect (indirect entry) – a key diluted with extraneous phrases or with changes in case, gender, number, as well as word order. Example: how to quickly make a do-it-yourself birdhouse
It is recommended to include both direct and indirect occurrences of the key in the text.
What criteria should SEO optimized text meet?
- Be relevant to the query. First of all, you need to think about the content of the text. If the text is water and water and does not relate to the topic of the site, then best SEO factors will help the business. The text must be fully relevant, that is, answer a specific search query of the user. As much as interesting and useful.
- Have an attractive title. Great if you come up with an interesting and intriguing title. But, it is worth considering, if you write text for a certain “key”, this key must be reflected in the title of the article.
- Easy to read. Keep in mind simple rules for readability. Only search robots will be able to read a “sheet” of solid text, it will be difficult and not interesting for people. Break the text into paragraphs, insert pictures, quotes, highlight headings. Both search robots and live readers will like it!
- Be unique. Here I think you don’t need to write a lot. For the best result, the uniqueness of the texts should be at least 98%. The uniqueness can be checked:
How else can you optimize your text for search engines?
Use alternate keys.
With each passing year, search engines are getting smarter, and, therefore, they understand that good text “for people” should contain synonyms or alternative keys.
If you are writing an article on how to quickly build a birdhouse with your own hands , do not forget to mention that building a small songbird house on your own does not require a lot of time.
Read our blog when to use SEO OR SEM for small business.
Use descriptions of pictures and photographs.
The description of pictures is often neglected and in vain, because many Internet users like to search by pictures. You can get some nice additional traffic. The alt attribute is especially important if you have unique photos on your site.
- But never, please, never lay out tables or price lists in the form of a picture, for example, price lists with prices. I often come across the fact that prices in jpeg format are still posted on commercial sites. Then, they wonder why their site cannot be found in Yandex.
Optimization should affect every part of the text – title, content, and even the page meta tags hidden from the user’s eyes.
description> or page description . This tag can be just one sentence. It is desirable to enter the key word here unobtrusively. This description can be displayed (but not always) under the link to your site in the search results: in the snipp.
<keywords> or keywords. I increasingly ignore keywords, and to be honest, this is a relic of the past. Search engines absolutely don’t care if they have one or not. There are opinions that sometimes even keywords can negatively affect the ranking of a site, especially when there is an overabundance of keywords in it. Today robots have learned to define the topics of the pages themselves and they do not need hints in the form of Keywords.
- Observe the structure of headings in the text: first h1, then h2, then h3, etc.
- h1 should contain the most frequent keyword, it can be used only once per page.
An example of the structure of an article on request “how to make a birdhouse”
Title : How to make a birdhouse with your own hands from scrap materials.
Description : We make a cozy birdhouse with our own hands from scrap materials: bottles, boxes, plastic. Dimensions and drawings!
H1 : How to make your own birdhouse from scrap materials
H2 : How to make a birdhouse from a plastic bottle
H2 : How to make a birdhouse out of the box
I sincerely hope that the above principles will help you quickly get used to writing articles for a website in accordance with all the rules of SEO.
IF you are looking for more about how to write SEO optimized content then visit Digital Crews for the latest updates.